Tuesday, March 20, 2012

New Friends

Sydney went on a worm hunt yesterday. Best idea ever!


She played with her "new friends" all night. The bigger night crawlers creeped her out a little, but she had no problem handling the little guys. I don't know if I would describe worms as "cute", but every time she picked one up it was, "awww's tute!"


We tried to explain to her at the end of the night that we had to dump the worms back into the garden so they could go to bed and not get sick, but she wasn't having it. There was one little friend in particular that she didn't want to give up, "No, dis Sydney's!" It was quite a dramatic meltdown. I'm sure I know what we'll be doing this evening.

You may also have noticed that we covered up 3/4 of our garden this year. With baby number two due in a few weeks, I just know that I'm not going to be able to keep up on weeds and maintenance this year, so we decided to cull it down to a more manageable size.


Can you believe how green everything is?! Our trees our budding, the flowers are up, and Jon mowed the lawn yesterday. To quote the tweens...that's cray, cray!

Sweet Shot Day

1 comment:

  1. lol I still have a hard time baiting my own hook! I wonder if she'll have the same fearlessness when she's olde?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers! Thanks so much for leaving a comment!