Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A room for two

Well, it's been about three years, but we finally have a guest room/office again! With only three bedrooms in our house, we knew a shared room for the girls was in the cards at some point; a few weeks ago we bit the bullet and went for it. So far, so good. The girls have been sleeping together for about two weeks now and things have been going relatively well, although Lillian does like to drag so much stuff into her bed that there is barely room for her tiny body to fit.

I remember somebody else who used to do the same thing.


Since I'm digging up old photos, here are a few "before" photos from when I first did Sydney's bedroom.


To start, we cleared everything out and hit the walls with lots (and lots) of white paint.


The girls liked having a big empty room to run around in for a few days. I liked having a blank slate.


Next up was finding new bunk beds, storage, and curtains. Our bunk bed is from the 9 by Novogratz line at Walmart and our bookshelves are from Ikea. I couldn't find any curtains that I liked, so I bought some vintage fabric online and had my mom help me customize my own. They turned out perfect, thanks mom!


I also sewed a super easy fabric scrap banner. The room is bright and colorful and the girls seem to be as happy with it as I am so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers! Thanks so much for leaving a comment!